Where to Find Wardrobe Boxes for Moving
Wardrobe boxes are an excellent way to move heavy items without causing damage. The large boxes are lined with either heavy plastic or flannel, and the drawers can be removed for storage during your move. Finding wardrobe boxes for moving used to mean driving around town looking for one of the few retail outlets that carried them. Nowadays, you can find wardrobe boxes for moving online, which is easier to shop for.
A few Tips for Finding Wardrobe Boxes for Moving:
- Wardrobe boxes are not the same as traditional moving boxes. Make sure if you purchase from a retail store that they have a good return policy if the ones you receive don’t line up appropriately. It may cost a few dollars more to buy wardrobe boxes for moving online, but you can order them in bulk and get a price break. Some people prefer to purchase new wardrobe boxes for moving because there is no risk of damage or wear and tear from someone else’s use.
- Outfit your entire move with wardrobe boxes for moving by shopping for them online. You’ll find the best selection at U-Haul, which carries wardrobe boxes for moving in all sizes.
- Don’t forget that you can purchase wardrobe boxes for moving in smaller sets if you only need a few to get by. Most retailers will ship them right to your door. Shipping depends on your location. If you order more than five boxes simultaneously, the shipping price drops significantly.
- Save money by using wardrobe boxes for moving when you move.
- You can also purchase paper shredders online to turn the boxes into packing material after your move is complete. You may also read our article on What to do with the Packing Materials after you move.
- You can order wardrobe boxes for moving in bulk and get a price break. Some people prefer to purchase new wardrobe boxes for moving because there is no risk of damage or wear and tear from someone else’s use.
Dimensions of wardrobe boxes
Before packing your things, you’d want to know how big or spacious boxes you would need for packing. The most common sizes for wardrobe boxes are large or small boxes:
- Small boxes: These boxes usually have less space at the bottom but are easier to carry. So, you can keep all the small and lightweight stuff in it, or maybe books. Normally the sizes would be about 20″x 20″x34″ to 24″x24″x34″.
- Large boxes: The large boxes are the normal sizes you find at the store. The sizes of these boxes are 24″x24″x40″ to 24″x24″x48″. These boxes are good for filling bigger items, and you get more space at the bottom.
Please read our article on Types of Moving Boxes. Wardrobe boxes for moving can be either big or small, but the small ones only work if you’re planning to use them with a larger furniture item such as a dresser or chest of drawers. When you’re planning your move, consider where you’ll be putting the boxes and have a plan for how to access them later when it’s time to unpack. This will help ensure that everything is as efficient as possible.
Where to find Wardrobe Boxes for Moving?
You can consider a few options to buy wardrobe boxes for moving. You can find them at the store, order them online or get used ones from some recycling shops if you are on a tight budget. Go to our guide on Where to buy Cheap Moving Boxes from to know more about this.
Home Improvement Stores like:
Home Depot, Lowes, and sometimes Walmart can stock wardrobe boxes for moving. However, this is not the most efficient way to get them because you’ll be limited in your choices since there are only a few different sizes at these stores. This is best if you need just one or two small boxes. You can also pick up other stuff like packing tapes and sheets to get ready for your move.
Truck Rental Companies
Many truck rental companies keep a variety of boxes and have wardrobe boxes for moving. This is an excellent option to consider if you won’t need the boxes after your move since you can return them when they’re empty. The good thing about using a rental company is it ensures you’ll get a variety to choose from.
Remember that the kinds of wardrobe boxes for moving these places may not be the best quality. Many recycling centers that receive a lot of boxes will give them away for free. They may need to be washed and flattened before they’re ready to use, but this is an efficient way to get as many as you want without having to buy any.
General Home Stores
These stores have a good selection of wardrobe boxes for moving. Some have the same options you can get from a truck rental company, so renting may be easier if they don’t have what you need in stock.
You can also consider using recycled packing material or cardboard instead of buying new wardrobe boxes for moving. Recycled packing material is good for the environment, but you lose out on the warranty that comes with purchasing new boxes. Make sure to wash and flatten cardboard before using it as well.
You can find a good selection of wardrobe boxes for moving online like Amazon or eBay, for example. This is a good option if you don’t have time to go to the store and want everything delivered to your door. However, you still need to consider the quality and warranty that come with purchasing brand new boxes. Some retailers may also offer free shipping if you buy more than one item since it’s cheaper for them rather than individually packaging smaller items.
Also See: Where to buy Moving Boxes
Costs of Wardrobe Boxes
There are various costs of wardrobe boxes, just like there are various sizes. The prices vary depending on the manufacturer, so it’s best to compare them online. Keep in mind that the cheaper ones are usually smaller but are still good enough if you have plans to put something large inside them.
Here is a list of prices for various boxes:
- Small Boxes – $1 to $1.70 each
- Medium Boxes – $2.35 to $2.79 each
- Large boxes – $3 each
- Extra-large boxes – $3.75 each
- Wardrobe boxes – $8 to $12 each
- Picture boxes – $10 each
Packing Tips for Wardrobe Boxes
While you can pack pretty much anything in a wardrobe box, some things may not work as well as others. Here are some packing tips:
- Small clothes do better in flat boxes like the large ones at the store. This allows you to maximize floor space since they’re usually less than 24″ wide and stack well on top of each other.
- Large clothes go best in wardrobe boxes because of their size and shape. You can pack more items per box, but don’t try to put heavy stuff on top of lighter items, so your boxes stay balanced.
- Whatever size box you use, always put heavy items on the bottom and stack clothes from lightest to heaviest. This will help balance the weight, so it’s easier to move around once they’re loaded in the truck or van.
- Don’t pack things that have a strong smell in a wardrobe box. Things like shoes, dirty laundry, or food may stink up the other clothes inside your wardrobe boxes for moving. This is especially important if you’re using recycled boxes since they may already have an off smell before you put anything in them.
- Wardrobe boxes are designed to keep your clothes safe during storage and transportation. It’s best to use them when you’re moving by yourself, or you need to stack several boxes up high. You can also add pads for cushioning between the clothes and the box walls in case they shift during transport.
- While wardrobe boxes are designed with clothes in mind, you can also use them to pack delicate items like lamps, mirrors, and other glass objects safely. It’s best to pack the bottom half of these articles in wardrobe boxes and the top halves in smaller cushioning boxes. These cushions won’t be able to stack well on top of the wardrobe boxes if the top ones are too heavy.
- When you’re all done packing your wardrobe boxes for moving, make sure they’re sealed shut. Then either tape them together if you’re doing a long-distance move or tape them on all sides if you’re driving to your destination. If you don’t, they can come open and destroy the things inside due to jostling around during transport.
Other uses of Wardrobe Boxes
Wardrobe boxes can be used for other things as well like:
- Blankets and comforters
- Tall lamps
- Entertainment equipment such as sound systems and Apple TV
- Art supplies like canvases
- Small appliances like lamps, radios, and fans
Don’t use wardrobe boxes for anything liquid or with liquid residue inside. This includes:
- Soda cans
- Paint cans
- Marbles and other fragile items can break easily.
If you’re looking for wardrobe boxes for moving, the best place to find them is at a local store specializing in packing supply rentals. You can also find a selection of used wardrobe boxes that have been cleaned and refurbished for sale at sites like Craigslist. When you rent or buy them from an existing moving supply store, you’re guaranteed the quality of the boxes you’re getting. Also, they’ll be in good condition with no tears or holes in them. In addition, these places have a selection of cushioning materials, tape, and other supplies to help make the moving process easier.
Wardrobe boxes are a great option for people who want to pack their clothes and other items in one place. They’re designed with storage and transportation of delicate clothing in mind, which is why it’s important not to pack anything that has a strong smell or liquid inside them. If you need help finding wardrobe boxes for moving, local stores are the best places to find these articles. They also select other moving supplies that can make the process easier for you. Happy Moving!
Where can I use wardrobe boxes for moving?
Wardrobe boxes are designed to store clothes in your home before you move. However, they’re also useful for making glass objects like mirrors and lamps on the go. You can pack them in these wardrobe boxes or cushioning ones to keep them from breaking during transportation. For more information about where to use wardrobe boxes, contact a moving supply store in your area.
Where can I buy wardrobe boxes for moving?
If you’re looking to purchase some new wardrobe boxes for moving, the best place is a local store specializing in packing materials. These places have a selection of used and new wardrobe boxes with no rips or tears in them. Some also have a selection of cushioning boxes and other moving supplies to help make your move easier.
What should I use wardrobe boxes for?
Wardrobe boxes are made with clothes in mind, but they can be used to store and transport glass items like mirrors and lamps. If you want to pack these kinds of things safe during your move, the bottom half is in wardrobe boxes, and the top halves are in smaller cushioning boxes.
Where can I rent or buy used wardrobe boxes for moving?
The best place is a local store that specializes in packing materials. These places have a selection of new and used wardrobe boxes with no rips or tears. In addition, they have a selection of cushioning materials and other supplies to help make the moving process easier.
How should I package wardrobe boxes?
The best way to package them is to tape all six sides of each box shut. If you can, tape them on three sides, so it’s easier for you to take the items out later. Then either put several heavy things on top of them or put another wardrobe box on top of them, so they don’t break during transport.
What should wardrobe boxes not be used for?
Please don’t use them for anything liquid or with liquid residue inside. This includes food, soda cans, paint cans, and anything else that could create a mess if it leaks. If you’re looking to buy or rent some new wardrobe boxes for moving, your best bet is at a local store. They’ll have a selection of wardrobe boxes, as well as other moving supplies to help make the process easier for you.
Where can I find custom wardrobe boxes?
The best place to find new wardrobe boxes for moving is at your local store specializing in packing materials. These places have a selection of new and used wardrobe boxes with no rips or tears. They also have a selection of cushioning boxes that are ideal for packing glass items, along with other helpful supplies you might want to use.
How do I know if a wardrobe box is good?
When using wardrobe boxes, make sure they’re sturdy and don’t have rips or tears on them, so your clothes are safe. The best way to tell is to look at the box’s corners. If you can push in or pop out any of them, it’s not a good option for moving.
Also Read: How and Where to Rent Reusable Moving Boxes