Furniture Companies with White Glove Delivery Service
Everything about moving out is fun and games until the actual moving day arrives. The thought of moving furniture and the like from your old home to your new one is daunting, as it comes with a lot of concerns. Moving items like large cupboards, dressers, huge beds, couches, chairs, and tables can be time-consuming and juggling tasks across locations only makes it more difficult. Moving furniture from one place to another can be a pain in the rear end as it can also be an expensive affair. To avoid all this, we suggest you opt for a furniture company offering delivery services that would make moving smooth and hassle-free for you. There are many companies that stand out among the lot, going the extra mile by offering you White Glove delivery services.
White glove delivery services are those additional services that provide you with A-class delivery while setting up all your furniture with ease and experience. These services signify luxury and customer orientation as they place a high value on customer specifications, exact requirements, and seamless transfer of furniture and other items. White glove delivery staff are usually extremely well versed in assembling and reassembling bulky and heavy furniture and take every precaution in the book to treat your possessions with the greatest care. Luckily for you, there are many companies out there today that offer these additional delivery services.
In this article, we shall take a look at the various furniture companies that provide customers with white glove delivery services. Let’s take a look.
Here are the top 6 companies providing white glove delivery services:
- Crate & Barrel
- Lulu And Georgia
- Pottery Barn
- Circle Furniture
- Ethan Allen
One of the biggest departmental stores in America, Macy’s has been in business for more than 160 years. The company pursues shipping to and from over 200 destinations worldwide. Every major city in the U.S. has its stores that offer cheap and quick deliveries. Macy’s is an all-in-one store for everything, starting from furniture to bedroom items and home decor as well as personal care items. These offerings are curated and can be chosen by people according to their personality, taste, and choice. And if at all you need help, their online and in-store staff are always happy to help and guide you.
The white glove delivery services offered by Macy’s have a standard procedure which is quite impressive. They provide services like unboxing and assembling furniture items, as well as in-home delivery. They are very gentle with things while shifting so, ideally, there should be nothing to worry about. They are very open to helping so you can inform them without hesitation about the rooms you prefer the unloading to take place in – or any other instruction you might have. The staff also help in cleaning up your space before unloading your items.
The pros of choosing Macy’s are as follows:
- At Macy’s, they always make sure to check and examine minor defects before moving the furniture items.
- At the arrival, the delivery team gives a quick demonstration and clarifies the doubts of the customer.
- They have a specialized app that is used for tracking orders and the movement of your items.
- The company has a return policy of 90 days if the product is damaged or if the buyer prefers a different piece to it. Return policies and refunds differentiate from product to product and are based on preferences. This is one pull factor for customers as flexible return policies are very rare to find in furniture companies.
- Macy’s delivers items to military bases and remote locations as well.
- For more knowledge about the fee structure, contacting a store colleague comes in handy. You could also just enter your zip code onto their website or send an email (via the website) stating your requirements.
- The delivery timings are well-scheduled and extremely punctual, regarding the needs of the customers.
The cons of choosing Macy’s are as follows:
- Delivery charges can go higher than the actual standard shipping fee.
- Apart from the charges, the company also has a tricky product insurance scheme that could cost you quite an additional sum.
Address: 1617 Whipple Rd B, Hayward, CA 94544, United States
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Google Reviews: 4.5/5
Crate & Barrel is an international brand that has over 100 stores and franchises located in 9 countries. If you are planning to give your old used furniture a makeover, then without a second thought, visit Crate & Barrel. They have a wide variety of options to choose from – be it entryways, contemporary sofas, bedrooms, chairs, or accent tables.
The good thing about Crate & Barrel is that they make sure to go through all the reviews and understand the issues faced by the customers. They also engage with customers via mobile shopping and social media. They provide premium services for in-home delivery, especially for items that are huge. Their white glove services consist of their two-men service, the staff unpacking and unloading as per your choice and preference, with quality as their brand.
The merits of choosing Crate & Barrel are as follows:
- Crate & Barrel always makes sure to consider the proportion, usefulness, and delicacy of your furniture.
- Their packaging is extremely high-end and the quality is luxurious.
- They pay attention to efficient packing methods based on the nature of your item.
- The company ensures better durability and resilience by being extra careful with packaging, thus helping your furniture avoid sharp turns and bumps while moving.
- They usually use bubble wrap and styrofoam while using boxes for packing.
- Their packaging is planned well in advance for a safe commute and efficient handling.
- Crate & Barrel always goes the extra mile when it comes to solving the doubts you might have and in assisting you to select what is best for your house.
- They handle customer reviews with respect and try to find resolutions to all the hitches you might face during the process.
- If there is any delay while delivering the furniture, the customer is notified immediately with the assurance that the furniture is safe.
The demerits of choosing Crate & Barrel are as follows:
- While checking for furniture online, the items always tend to be out of stock which might irritate some customers.
- Delivery of the items is often delayed from the actual date of delivery.
- The quality of the products, especially wooden ones, might differ from those shown online.
Address: 850 W North Ave, Chicago, IL 60642, United States
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday – Sunday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Consumer Affairs: 3.8/5
Lulu and Georgia, a company based in Los Angeles, has a variety of services and goods to offer – from classy home decor items to good quality furniture and flatware. If you want a taste of Lulu and Georgia’s impeccable collection, just visit their website and take a look at all the latest trend-setting designs they have in store for every nook and corner of your home.
The brand was specifically designed for people looking for deluxe furniture for their high-end homes. Light wood furniture is made available by white glove delivery services. Before shipping the items, the company makes sure that each and every item is checked and overlooked thoroughly, to ensure zero damage. They also unload and set the furniture up in your desired locations with utmost precision and care.
The advantages of choosing Lulu and Georgia are as follows:
- Lulu and Georgia come with a great selection of packaging materials.
- At the time of delivery, the items are shipped carefully and quickly.
- The refund policy of the company is great and people find it very easy to communicate with the delivery service providers.
The disadvantages of choosing Lulu and Georgia are as follows:
- The quality of the product is not always up to the mark.
- The process can get a little difficult to follow at times.
Address: 9062 Rosecrans Ave, Bellflower, California, 90706, United States
Phone: (888) 271-9280
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Pottery Barn is one of the most versatile furniture stores in America with retail stores in Canada, Australia, and Mexico too. They have their headquarters in San Francisco, California. Their widespread reputation for sleek, high-quality designs has made them familiar to most Americans and we ought to say that Pottery Barn delivers like no other.
It is a company that offers you magnificent designs with a rare personal touch that will accentuate the beauty of your home. No matter how small or big your house is, Pottery Barn will make sure to change the interiors and decor and completely transform it. It also has the premium white glove delivery service which is considered to be one of its best delivery schemes.
The pros of choosing Pottery Barn are as follows:
- The delivery services are truly spectacular. It is timely, efficient, and customer-oriented.
- Items are delivered to your doorsteps and also moved into the rooms you wish to keep them in. These goods are even assembled smoothly without causing any harm to the interiors of the house or to the goods themselves.
The cons of choosing Pottery Barn are as follows:
- A few items might take long if ordered directly from the suppliers, which can be quite disappointing
- Items that are ordered together might not be delivered to you at the same time.
Address: Pottery Barn,151 Union, St.San Francisco, CA 94111
Phone: +1 415-441-1787
Hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday – Sunday 11:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Consumer Affairs: 3.4/5
A small company based in Putnam Circle, now known as Circle Furniture, is today spreading its wings across 6 other locations in Massachusetts alone, owing to its quality, reliability and top-notch services.
Consisting of a team of creative minds, Circle Furniture presents you with the most desirable and suitable furniture decor for your rooms with richness and opulence as their primary keystones. These items are guaranteed to give your home a vintage feel and touch as the designers here come up with the most extraordinary designs and colors. Circle Furniture offers the esteemed White Glove delivery services so you don’t have to worry too much while moving your furniture from one place to another.
The benefits of choosing Circle Furniture are as follows:
- They deliver furniture in all locations across the United States.
- Their white glove delivery service makes sure to give you a call in advance and convey you all the necessary information before the delivery takes place.
- The service also ensures a smooth transition of moving the furniture to assembling it without any hitches or impediments.
The flipside of choosing Circle Furniture are as follows:
- If the measurement of the particular area where the furniture needs to be placed isn’t taken properly, then there could be a possibility of not getting the furniture item of the right size. This could delay delivery and item procurement.
Address: 19 Craig Rd,Acton, MA 01720,USA
Hours: Monday – Saturday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
A company in the United States founded way back in 1932 today has more than 300 stores. Ethan Allen has some excellent choices when it comes to furniture items like beds, couches, chairs, rugs and so much more! Their taste in decor is crisp, fine, and elegant with a collection of subtle yet beautiful designs to choose from.
Apart from this, they also offer other deluxe services like White Glove delivery services. Before delivering items at your doorsteps, they make sure that all the goods are well-inspected and ready to be delivered. They also move the furniture swiftly without causing any kind of damage as well as help with assembling the furniture in your new home/office.
The upsides of choosing Ethan Allen are as follows:
- The delivery services provided by the company are top notch and every delivery is prioritized, making sure to deliver it safely on time at the given location.
- They focus on saving the environment by using renewable energy sources and in conserving water, thereby reducing their carbon footprint.
The downsides of choosing Ethan Allen are as follows:
- There is a difference when it comes to sizes and designs as displayed on their website. At times, the wrong items are delivered which can be an issue.
- Most good items are consistently out of stock so it gets difficult and time consuming to try and order them.
Address: 25 Lake Ave Ext, Danbury, CT 06811, United States
Phone: 888 – 324 – 3571
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:45 pm
Consumer Affairs: 3.8/5
Nothing about moving out and shifting houses is simple or easy. Before moving out, make sure to plan things out in advance which will prepare you thoroughly. In this day and age, you are indeed fortunate to have a plethora of companies help you with the moving process, making it more reliable, timely, and streamlined. All the companies mentioned above are reputed worldwide which will help you with packing and delivery of your furniture, according to the budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Included In White Glove Delivery?
White-glove delivery services include delivering your goods at your doorstep, ensuring that all the furniture items that are delicate are handled with care, and unloading too. The service also includes setting up the furniture in a convenient manner as well as assembling and reassembling furniture that is heavy and bulky.
Is White Glove Delivery Services Worthwhile?
Yes, it is entirely worthwhile not just because of the professionalism they exhibit but also because it is not always easy to move heavy or bulky furniture in a convenient manner by yourself. They also assist in assembling and reassembling the furniture without destroying their surface or your interiors. It is time-efficient and extremely hassle-free.
Do You Tip For White Glove Furniture Delivery?
This completely depends on the individual in question. If you wish to go the extra mile to show your appreciation for the efforts the delivery guys did, then by all means, you can go ahead with tipping the staff. It is not necessary because the delivery charges have been paid but the gesture will be highly appreciated.