4 Best Neighborhoods in Oklahoma City for Singles and Young Professionals
Oklahoma City is the capital of Oklahoma, and it is also the state’s largest city, with a population of over 681,054 people. The city is located in the central part of the state and is home to various industries. The economy of Oklahoma City is driven by agriculture, manufacturing, oil, and gas production. The city is also a major transportation hub, with several major highways passing through it. Additionally, Oklahoma City is home to several cultural attractions, including the Museum of Art, the Oklahoma City Zoo, and the State Capitol Building.
With its rapidly growing economy and diverse population, Oklahoma City is quickly becoming one of the most desirable places to live. For singles and young professionals, some of the best neighborhoods in Oklahoma City include Bricktown, Midtown, and Downtown. These areas offer a vibrant nightlife scene, ample dining and shopping options, and easy access to public transportation. If you’re looking for the best neighborhood in Oklahoma City for singles and young professionals, here are some great options to consider:
Bricktown is one of the best neighborhoods in Oklahoma City for singles and young professionals. The area is home to several bars, restaurants, and nightlife options, making it a great place to meet new people and have a good time. There are also plenty of apartments and condos available for those who want to live in the heart of the action. And if you’re looking for a little more excitement, Bricktown is just a short drive from downtown Oklahoma City, where you can find even more bars and nightclubs. Whether you’re looking for a place to party or just a place to call home, Bricktown is the perfect neighborhood.
Things to do in Bricktown
● During the day, visitors can explore the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum, which commemorates the victims of the 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building.
● Other popular attractions include the Bricktown Canal, which offers boat tours, and the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, home to the Oklahoma City Dodgers minor league baseball team.
● Visitors can also enjoy a variety of shopping and dining options in Bricktown.
● Popular restaurants include Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill and Hard Rock Cafe.
● For shopping, visitors can browse various stores, including Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie.
1. Median Home Price: $450,000
2. Median Rent: $1,481
2. Plaza District
The Plaza District in Oklahoma City is one of the best neighborhoods for singles and young professionals. The area is home to several bars and nightclubs and a variety of shops and restaurants. The Plaza District also hosts several art galleries and studios, making it a great place for those who appreciate the arts. In addition, the Plaza District is within walking distance of the city’s business district, making it an ideal location for young professionals who want to live close to work. With its convenient location and vibrant atmosphere, it’s no wonder that the Plaza District is one of the most popular neighborhoods in Oklahoma City.
Things to do in Plaza District
● Visit the Plaza District Farmer’s Market. The Plaza District Farmer’s Market is a great place to buy fresh produce and meet other singles and young professionals. The market is open every Saturday from 8 am to noon.
● Attend a Plaza District Event. Many events take place in Plaza District, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, which is perfect for singles and young professionals. These events include the Plaza District Music Festival, the Plaza Art Fair, and the Plaza Night Out.
● Go Shopping at a Plaza District Store. There are many shops in Plaza District that sell everything from clothes to home goods. This is a great place to find unique gifts or items for your home.
● Get a Massage at One of the Plaza District Spas. Several spas located in Plaza District offer massages and other services. This is a great place to relax and unwind after a long day.
1. Median Home Price: $131,325
2. Median Rent: $800
Also Read: 7 Cheapest Beach Towns in the US to Move to
3. Deep Deuce
Deep Deuce is one of the best neighborhoods in Oklahoma City for singles and young professionals. The neighborhood is located in the northeast part of downtown and is within walking distance of many of the city’s best bars, restaurants, and shops. The area is also home to several popular nightspots, including the Deep Deuce Grill and the Hi-Lo Club. Similarly, Deep Deuce is also within walking distance of many of the city’s best attractions, including the Myriad Botanical Gardens and the Oklahoma City Zoo. If you’re looking for an affordable place to live in the heart of Oklahoma City, Deep Deuce is the perfect neighborhood for you.
Things to do in Deep Deuce
● Visit the Deep Deuce Grill. This local restaurant specializes in American comfort food with a twist. Try the Deep Deuce Burger, which comes topped with bacon, cheddar cheese, and jalapeno ranch dressing.
● Watch a show at the Blue Door Theatre. The Blue Door Theatre is a small venue that features various live music and theatre performances.
● Browse the shops on Main Street. Main Street is lined with boutique shops selling vintage clothes to handcrafted jewelry.
1. Median Home Price: $423,000
2. Median Rent: $1,779
3. Automobile Alley
Automobile Alley is undoubtedly one of the best neighborhoods in Oklahoma City for singles and young professionals; it is home to a variety of nightlife and dining options and plenty of shops and boutiques. In addition, the neighborhood is within walking distance of the business district and many of the city’s major attractions. Automobile Alley is also well-connected to the rest of the city, making it easy to get around without a car. Automobile Alley is worth considering if you’re looking for an exciting and vibrant place to live. Best of all, the neighborhood is affordable, making it an excellent option for budget-minded singles and young professionals. Whether you’re looking for nightlife or convenience, Automobile Alley has it all.
Things to do in Automobile Alley
● One of the best things to do in Automobile Alley is to visit the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. The museum houses a permanent collection of American art, as well as rotating exhibitions of international art.
● Another popular attraction in Automobile Alley is the American Banjo Museum. The museum contains a collection of over 200 banjos, ranging from pre- Civil War instruments to modern-day banjos. There are also interactive exhibits that allow visitors to learn about the history and origins of the banjo.
● In addition to the museums, Automobile Alley is also home to a variety of shops and restaurants.
● Visitors can browse locally-owned boutiques, grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants, or enjoy a cup of coffee at one of the many cafes.
1. Median Home Price: $390,000
2. Median Rent: $1,479
Oklahoma City’s downtown area is one of the best places to live for singles and young professionals. The neighborhood has a variety of bars, restaurants, clubs, and a lively nightlife scene. There are also plenty of things to do during the day, including shopping, museums, and parks. In addition, the downtown area is home to several different businesses and organizations, providing residents with a variety of employment opportunities. The neighborhood is also conveniently located near several other transportation options, making it easy to get around. Overall, Oklahoma City’s downtown area is an excellent place to live for anyone who wants to be in the middle of the action.
Things to do in Downtown
● The city is also home to Chesapeake Energy Arena, a major amphitheater that has hosted such notable musical performers as the Rolling Stones and U2, as well as the state’s lone men’s professional basketball team, the OKC Thunder.
● The rotating exhibitions at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art showcase work by both local and international artists.
● And the Myriad Botanical Gardens feature more than two dozen gardens and an urban farm.
● For those looking for a little more excitement, the Bricktown Entertainment District is home to restaurants, clubs, and live music venues.
1. Median Home Price: $350,000
2. Median Rent: $1,128
If you are looking for a great place to live in Oklahoma City, the neighborhoods we’ve listed should be at the top of your list. They offer plenty of activities and opportunities for singles and young professionals to get involved in their community and meet new people. And with all that these neighborhoods have to offer, it’s no wonder they continue to rank as some of the best places in Oklahoma City to call home.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best neighborhood in Oklahoma City for singles and young professionals?
While there are several great neighborhoods in Oklahoma City for singles and young professionals, we believe that Automobile Alley and downtown are two of the best. Both neighborhoods offer a variety of bars, restaurants, clubs, shops, other attractions, and convenient access to transportation.
What is the median home price in Oklahoma City?
The median home price in Oklahoma City is $350,000.
What is the median rent in Oklahoma City?
The median rent in Oklahoma City is $1,128.
Is Oklahoma City good for young adults?
Oklahoma City is a great place for young adults. There are plenty of things to do and see and plenty of employment opportunities. Additionally, the city has several different transportation options, making it easy to get around.
What is the best part of Oklahoma City to live in?
Edmond takes home the prize for best Oklahoma City suburb! Edmond is more than simply a college town, despite its prominence as the residence of Central Oklahoma University. This city offers an excellent public education system, exciting activities like the Pelican Bay Aquatic Center and Arcadia Lake, and enough shopping and dining options to keep you entertained for hours.
What is the safest neighborhood in Oklahoma City?
The safest neighborhoods in Oklahoma Cities are Edmond, Forest Park, Moore, Piedmont, and Yukon. These five areas have the lowest crime rates in the city and are great places to call home.
See Also: Best Interstate Movers in the USA