5 Best Neighborhoods in Fresno for Families
Fresno is a bustling city in central California, known for its diverse population, vibrant culture, and warm climate. Whether you’re looking for fine dining, urban entertainment, family-friendly activities, or outdoor recreation, Fresno has something to offer everyone. In addition, Fresno boasts an exciting arts scene and a wide range of cultural festivals and events throughout the year. Whether you are looking for outdoor recreation or urban entertainment, Fresno is the perfect place to be, from first-time visitors to long-time residents. With its mild winters and nearly year-round sunshine, Fresno is the perfect place to experience the stunning natural beauty of California’s central coast. If you’re planning a trip to Fresno, be sure to check out some of the city’s top attractions, like Fresno Chaffee Zoo and Forestiere Underground Gardens. Whatever your interests may be, Fresno is sure to delight and inspire!
If you plan to shift to Fresno, California, you’re making a good decision. There are so many great neighborhoods in Fresno that it can be tough to choose where to live. However, if you have a family, you’ll want to make sure you choose a safe neighborhood with plenty of activities for your kids. Here are some of Fresno’s best neighborhoods for families
1. Woodrow Park
Woodrow Park is a neighborhood in California situated between two major freeways. It is a walking neighborhood with many young families. The Woodrow Park community has its first homeowners’ park and Woodrow Wilson High School. Woodrow Park is considered a “diverse” community. Woodrow Wilson was one of the most important Allied leaders during World War I and the 28th President of the United States. The Woodrow Park area contains many older, well-kept homes and some newly built homes. Woodrow Park is known for its friendly neighbors and an active nightlife. Many young professionals live in Woodrow Park and work in the downtown area. The public transportation is great in Woodrow Park, making it easy to get around without a car. Woodrow Park is a wonderful place to live for people of all ages!
- Inspire Charter School
- Fugman Elementary School
Things to Do In Woodrow Park
- Named for the adjacent San Joaquin River, this park is located at its namesake. Woodward Park, which covers 300 acres and has more than 5 acres of walking paths, is Fresno’s biggest park. The CIF Cross Country State Championships are also held in November at the park, which is also known as California’s Largest Ind.
- The local Japanese-American community constructed the Shinzen Friendship Garden to commemorate world peace. There’s even a koi pond and teahouse to enjoy! This is not only a peaceful area, but it’s also a wonderful spot to meditate in.
- Starving Artists Bistro, which features original art and live music, serves up delicious American food with only the greatest draft beer.
- If you’re looking for a traditional Japanese restaurant, look no further than Sakanaya Japanese Restaurant. This is more than simply a nice place to eat; it’s an experience and a must-do.
- Median Home Price: $375,00
- Median Rent: $3,757
- Crime Rate: (Calculated annually per 100,000 residents)Assault – 132.1Murder – 0Robbery – 6.9Burglary – 36.2Theft – 145.2Motor Vehicle Theft – 9.3
2. Fig Garden
Fig Garden is a neighborhood in California that is known for its beautiful gardens and abundance of Fig trees. In addition to the Fig trees, the Fig Garden is home to many other types of fruit trees, including citrus, avocado, and mango. The Fig Garden also has a community center, a library, and several parks. The Fig Garden Neighborhood Association is a community organization that works to improve the quality of life for residents and maintain the Fig Garden’s unique character. The Fig Garden neighborhood is a great place to live for those who love nature and enjoy being active in their community.
- Fig Garden Elementary School
- River Bluff Elementary School
Things to Do In Fig Garden
- The Village at Garden Gate is a high-end and high-end outdoor shopping mall that features well-known companies and local vendors. This isn’t only a fantastic location to shop, but there are numerous dining options available before or after your retail therapy.
- A playground, splash pad, baseball field, and picnic sites are all part of the 5-acre Fig Garden Loop Park. It’s a wonderful location to spend time outside with the family.
- Ovidio Italian Restaurant is a small, family-owned restaurant that specializes in traditional homemade pasta, pizza, and other favorite Italian dishes in an intimate atmosphere.
- The delicious food from Gallos Taqueria will fulfill all of your guacamole and genuine Mexican cuisine needs. This is undoubtedly a neighborhood hot spot with the friendliest employees around.
- Median Home Price: $409,000
- Median Rent: $2,500
- Crime Rate: (Calculated annually per 100,000 residents)
- Assault – 288.7
- Murder – 5.6
- Robbery – 113.6
- Burglary – 369.7
- Theft – 1,341.7
- Motor Vehicle Theft – 427.6
See Also: Biggest Cities in California to Move to
Sunnyside is a picturesque neighborhood located in the heart of California. The community is home to various businesses, including restaurants, cafes, shops, and galleries. Sunnyside is also known for its beautiful parks and recreation areas. Residents enjoy access to various amenities, including a public pool, tennis courts, and playgrounds. The Sunnyside neighborhood is an ideal place to live for families, professionals, and retirees alike. With its central location and wide range of activities and services, Sunnyside has something to offer everyone.
- Sunnyside High School
- Kings Canyon Middle School
- John. S.Wash Middle School
Things to Do In Sunnyside
- Sunnyside Country Club is a prestigious golf club and championship course in Fresno, California. Since 1911, this country club has earned a reputation for being the friendliest in the Central Valley.
- Sunnyside Diner provides a wide range of home-cooked meals with excellent customer service. Order a cheeseburger, a breakfast burrito, or teriyaki chicken from the menu to enjoy all sorts of cuisine.
- Sunnyside, the restaurant of Di Cicco, is a regular spot for Italian cuisine. Get ready to enjoy some fresh bread and butter with your dinner.
- A popular local coffee spot, Fulton Street Coffee is a fantastic place to spend some time or get some work done. Always discover something new to enjoy, from espresso and chai tea to delectable pastries. The lavender coffee is fantastic!
- Median Home Price: $1,084,786
- Median Rent: $2,606
- Crime Rate: (Calculated annually per 100,000 residents)
- Assault – 455.2
- Murder – 0
- Robbery – 71.9
- Burglary – 135.8
- Theft – 1,110
- Motor Vehicle Theft – 351.4
See Also: 7 Best Neighborhoods In Fresno CA For Singles and Young Professionals
4. Central Fresno
Central Fresno is a neighborhood in Fresno, California. The area is home to a diverse population, and the Central Fresno community is proud of its multicultural heritage. Central Fresno is also home to many businesses and organizations that serve the community’s needs. Central Fresno is a great place to live, work, and play. The Central Fresno community is committed to ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to succeed. Central Fresno is a beautiful community with a lot to offer. If you are looking for a place to call home, Central Fresno is the place for you.
- J.E Young Academic Center
- Yokomi Elementary School
- Lowell Elementary School
Things to Do In Central Fresno
- The Meux Home Museum is a fascinating and instructive excursion into the life of Victorian-era people. Take a look at this beautiful house and its amazing grounds for yourself.
- The FAC Water Tower in Fresno, built-in 1894, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This water tower in Fresno was finished in 1894 and is still standing today. Visit now to discover more about its history and see local artwork inside.
- The Fresno Grizzlies are a Class AAA minor league baseball club that plays at Chuckchansi Park in downtown. The tickets are reasonably priced, and this is an excellent date night or group hangout option.
- Arte America is a world-class art museum with painting, sculpture, and other mediums of expression on display. This museum is well worth your time if you like to attend concerts on Fridays and family-friendly activities.
- Median Home Price: $219,000
- Median Rent: $1,100
- Crime rate : (Calculated annually per 100,000 residents)
- Assault – 456.8
- Murder – 14.4
- Rape – 27.6
- Robbery – 166
- Burglary – 567
- Theft – 2,014.9
- Motor Vehicle Theft – 494.9
McLane is a neighborhood in Fresno, California. The McLane neighborhood is located in the central part of Fresno, just south of downtown. Farmers originally settled the McLane area in the late 19th century. The McLane neighborhood is named after William McLane, who was one of the first settlers in the area. McLane built a large home in the area, which is now a historic landmark. The McLane neighborhood is home to several parks and recreation facilities, as well as schools and businesses. McLane is also home to the Fresno Chaffee Zoo, one of California’s largest zoos.
- McLane High School
- Phoenix Secondary Academy
Things to Do In McLane
- The Fresno Discovery Center is a wonderful location to visit with the children, as it features fossils and displays.
- Paintball, mini-golf, arcade games and even go-cart racing are all available at Blackbeard’s Family Entertainment.
- The Fresno Chaffee Zoo, which houses over 190 creatures, is a great place to learn about animal conservation.
- Roeding Park is one of Fresno’s four major parks.
- Median Home Price: $314,900
- Median Rent: $2,395
- Crime Rate:(Calculated annually per 100,000 residents)
- Assault – 452.4
- Murder – 12.1
- Rape – 22.6
- Robbery – 120
- Burglary – 480.3
- Theft – 1,089.6
- Motor Vehicle Theft – 322.5
Fresno is a great place to live for families. The city has a lot to offer in terms of things to do, top-rated schools, and safe neighborhoods. Central Fresno, Sunnyside, and McLane are all great options for families looking for a place to call home. Fresno is a city that has something for everyone, so don’t hesitate to check it out!
What are some of the top neighborhoods in Fresno for families?
Central Fresno, Sunnyside, and McLane are all great neighborhoods in Fresno for families. These areas have lots to offer in terms of things to do, such as parks and recreation facilities, schools, and businesses. They are also safe and well-maintained, making them great places to raise a family.
What are some of the highlights of Fresno for families?
Fresno’s top highlights for families include the Fresno Discovery Center, Blackbeard’s Family Entertainment, and the Fresno Chaffee Zoo. These attractions offer fun activities for kids and adults alike and educational and cultural experiences. Additionally, Fresno has many great schools and safe neighborhoods perfect for families.
Is Fresno a good place to live for families?
Fresno is an excellent place to live for families. The city has much to offer in terms of things to do, top-rated schools, and safe neighborhoods. Fresno is also a very affordable city, ideal for families on a budget. Overall, Fresno is a great option for families looking for a place to call home.
What are some of the things to do in Fresno for families?
There are many things to do in Fresno for families. The top attractions include the Fresno Discovery Center, Blackbeard’s Family Entertainment, Fresno Chaffee Zoo, and Roeding Park. These locations offer a variety of activities that are perfect for kids and adults alike. Additionally, Fresno has many great schools and safe neighborhoods that are perfect for families.
How does Fresno compare to other cities in California when it comes to family-friendly living?
Fresno is a very family-friendly city, with lots of great places to live, work, play, and learn. Compared to other cities in California, Fresno has high-quality schools, well-maintained neighborhoods, a variety of family activities, and great amenities. Fresno is a great place to call home for families of all sizes.
See Also: Top Interstate Movers in the America